Thursday, June 2, 2011

Paleo Pancakes

A couple of years ago, I came across this recipe at Elana's Pantry for almond flour pancakes. They were good. Especially when you haven't had a pancake in a long time.

Two weeks ago my 5 year old birthday girl really wanted pancakes for her special breakfast. My plan was to make Elana's pancakes until I realized we were out of almond flour (and no one had told me). I ran and grabbed my copy of The Primal Blueprint Cookbook and lo and behold it had a recipe for coconut flour pancakes. I have to admit I was extremely skeptical. Coconut flour is very dense and I couldn't see it making a great pancake. However, I did have coconut flour on hand, so I gave it a try. They were so gross. I don't know if it was something I did or if the recipe was bad, but I won't be trying it again.

I got onto the computer and found an interesting recipe in one of the comment sections of Mark's Daily Apple (yes, the same guy who wrote the book above with the nasty coconut flour pancakes) and it looks like Mark Sisson made his own recipe. The recipe sounded so easy and at this point I was desperate!

Paleo Pancakes (my version)
*Recipe is good for one person

1 Egg
1 Ripe Banana
1 Heaping TBSP Almond Butter

Heat a pan over medium heat. Grease pan. Mix all ingredients together very well. Cook on pan until golden on both sides.

Makes about 3 pancakes.

I also added a few blueberries to each pancake. They were so good! These pancakes were fluffy and felt like normal pancakes in my mouth. This is our new "go to" pancake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment