Thursday, June 20, 2013

30 Day Challenge -- Day 10 and Stove-top Popcorn

Day 10 
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs in coconut oil and 3/4 of an apple

1.6 mile walk

Lunch: 2 slices roast beef with salami layered inside and tomatoes and sliced onion, rolled up.

Dinner: Some fabulous chicken my hubby brought home from work to sample. The chicken is from Boulder Natural Meats and is called Pollo for Adobo with Chicken Leg Meat. If you see it, buy it. It is worth it! I served it with Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw, which is so easy and good on these hot summer days.

Later: I was in a total snacky mood, so I had a teenager make some popcorn.



Stove-top Popcorn

I get two of these big glass bowls.


1 Cup popcorn kernals
1/4 Cup coconut oil
a very big pot with a lid







Put coconut oil in pot over medium heat. When all the way melted, add kernels and put lid on. Every few seconds swirl pot over the heat to mix around the kernels. When the popping slows down a lot, take off heat and remove lid immediately. Butter and salt as you like.

*For this big pot, we use one stick of butter, melted. I then sprinkle with a little bit of salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment