Sunday, June 16, 2013

Coconut Milk Ice Cream and 30 Day Challenge -- Day 7

I haven't always liked all the things I eat. It has taken a lot of time and patience to develop a taste for some things. For instance, I use to gag whenever I ate spinach... it was the texture of the stems. Bleu cheese used to be so bad, I wouldn't even put it in my mouth. Now, I crave bleu cheese. Beets taste like dirt. Seriously, dirt. But, recently, we found a way to cook them that makes them palatable to me. I have heard you should try foods you don't like every couple of years because your tastes will change. I am a huge proponent of this because I have seen it work with myself.

Day 7
Breakfast: Caramelized Onion Frittata and cantaloupe. I have to admit to you my family does not like this egg dish as much as I do. They think it's good, but much better with salsa or ketchup. Sigh.

1.6 mile walk with the family.

Lunch: Leftover fajita meat and peppers on a bed of spinach with some bleu cheese.
Bacon, Grape, and Broccoli Salad

Dinner: Steaks and Bacon, Grape, and Broccoli Salad. This is my hubby's favorite and the perfect Father's Day meal on a hot day.

Dessert: ...because it is Father's Day! I made my hubby some coconut milk ice cream. We were at a garage sale the other day and they were giving away very ripe baby peaches. I took a bag and decided to puree them for this ice cream. I am so glad I did. This ice cream came out very tropical tasting.

Coconut Milk Ice Cream
16 ounces pureed peaches
3 very ripe bananas
2 tsp vanilla
5 medjool dates, pit removed
2 cans full-fat coconut milk

Blend all ingredients together in blender until everything is evenly incorporated. Make ice cream according to your ice cream maker instructions.

I used the ice cream maker attachment on my Kitchen Aid mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment