Wednesday, June 12, 2013

30 Day Challenge -- Day 3

Today I decided to take my measurements so I can see how many inches I will lose over the next 30 27 days. I was so excited to see that I have already (not in the last two days) lost 1.5 inches around my waist and 2 inches off my hips!! Now, to be fair, you should know about a month and a half ago I decided the kids and I would be mostly paleo, but completely gluten free. So, those inches came off in the last month and a half, before my 30 day challenge. I can only hope the next month provides even better results.

I was hoping today I would be able to do some more body flops, body hangs, sit ups, and squats. Sadly, I am still way too sore to do any more of these. Tomorrow will have to be good enough. At least I will get them in twice this week. I was still able to do our morning walk and I threw in Day 1 (which I have started five other times in the past)((I once made it to week 5, but screwed it all up--more on that later... maybe)) of Couch 2 5k. Who knows? Maybe I will finally learn to run.

Day 3
Before breakfast the kids and I went for a 1.6 mile walk. I have this really cool app on my phone (thanks to my friend Bonnie), called CardioTracker, that tracks how far we walk/run. (It also tells me how much produce I have burned, which is really weird. Because let's face it, I want to know how many brownie's I have burned.)

Breakfast: At around 10 am we ate a wonderful Caramelized Onion Frittata that was delicious! I really recommend you try it. My two youngest kids and I also shared a green smoothie that contained dandelion, red chard, celery, wheat grass, apple, oranges, and coconut water. It was definitely intense, but we handled it. I am not sure I would make it again, but we are brave!

Lunch: Without meaning to, we completely missed lunch. Breakfast was so filling we never got hungry. But, we did eat breakfast a little late.

3 pm: Made it to the gym for my Couch 2 5k attempt. I will admit I desperately wanted to quit in the middle of it. I then decided to slow my miles per hour down on the running intervals from 5.8 miles/hour to 5.2 miles/hour and keep it slow and simple. I mean, the idea is practicing and learning how to run... right? I was glad I did, because I was able to finish while watching NCIS. (I love this show)

Dinner: Salmon Sliders (substituted tuna) with an awesome Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw (which I used half purple cabbage and half green). These are both super easy to make, but require a LOT of chopping, dicing, and slicing. But, it is completely worth it.

Full disclosure: I have to admit today I had a bit of a cheat. We have a soda shop stand that serves really yummy Diet Mountain Dew with a Mango Puree. After drinking about 1/4 of it, I was feeling extremely guilty (with the help of my hubby who gave me major crap for it)((But, you should know two days ago I gave him major crap for having a cheat)). So I dumped it down the drain. I will be stronger next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment