Monday, June 10, 2013

My Challenge Day 1

Last Thursday, I decided I am going to do a 30 Day Challenge with Paleo. This will include food (no cheats)((Have I mentioned I like a glass or two of wine at the end of the day?)) and exercise (fun stuff with my kids). The reason? I really want to fit into my old jeans again (they are only a couple of years old, not from high school) and be able to like what I see in the mirror when I am standing in front of it naked. The only way I am going to accomplish this is if I actually do something different than what hasn't been working.

I can do this! It's only 30 days (or forever).

Day 1

Breakfast: Nothing. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat.

Took a 1.5 mile walk with two of my kids. When we got back I did

*A body hang is the start to a pull up, but when you are as out of shape as I am, it looks like you are just hanging there. In reality, you are trying very hard to pull yourself up. 

**Similar to a Body Hang, except with push ups (and not the knee pushups. We are going for real, manly push ups). You start in a push up position and slowly lower yourself to the ground. When you get to the ground, but are not touching it, you try and lift back up into push up position. (If you are me, you can't lift yourself back up, yet, and you flop to the ground. 

Lunch: By 11:00 am I was hungry! I had a cold chicken breast that was leftover from dinner the night before, dipped it in guacamole, had 8 green olives, and half of an apple. 

5:30 pm: Handful of mixed nuts.

Dinner: I had a grilled chicken quarter (a thigh and a leg), 2 big handfuls of spinach chopped and dressed with an Italian dressing, and a big slice of watermelon.

Dessert: Unfortunately, yesterday I found a recipe for Homemade Coconut Milk Ice Cream that I had to try (don't worry, it wasn't really a cheat). It was very good, but I have to try it again and fix what I did wrong (or what the recipe led me to do wrong). 

With Day 1 done, it is time for sleep and to see how sore I am in the morning. 

1 comment: