Wednesday, June 19, 2013

30 Day Challenge -- Day 9

After yesterday, I would like to hide under a rock. I feel like I did awful! I have noticed once I cheat, it becomes so much easier to cheat the next day and even easier the next one.

Day 9
Breakfast: I found this place that makes juices to order. I don't remember all the ingredients but it did have carrots, beets, ginger, apple. There were 2 other ingredients.

Lunch: Roast beef with guacamole and grape tomatoes.

Dinner: Here is where I went down hill. I made a huge birthday dinner for my (now) 16 year old twin girls. I grilled hamburgers and ribs and made a huge batch of potato salad (even though not paleo, I am posting the recipe below). After I was done cooking, I was not really hungry... probably because I tasted the potato salad a few times to make sure it was yummy (it was). (And here is where I won't tell you about the big handful of potato chips I ate).

By the time all got friends dropped off at home, I was beat... not tired, but that achy feeling you get when you have been non-stop all day. So, I had 2 (3) glasses of wine. Then I decided I was hungry. (Not a good time. I should have just gone to bed.) I made a burger (I still went bunless) with two slices cheddar cheese (because I really wanted to taste it), smothered with some bbq sauce and ate it with tomato, onion, and lettuce. I then decided I just had to have more potato salad because it really is that good. Sigh. Then more chips.

I know, I know...

Could I have done worse? Absolutely. I could have had cake, or a bun, or a soda. But, I still wasn't as strong as I want to be.

I didn't even walk the last two days. It is time to jump back on the wagon.

Steakhouse Potato Salad
(original is from Kraft)

3 lb small red potatoes (or any potato scrubbed well), cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ranch dressing
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 green onions, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Put potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and let boil for about 5-10 minutes or until tender. When finished, drain. Let cool completely. Get bacon ready and set aside. Mix together mayo and ranch. When potatoes are completely cooled add mayo mixture and stir until all the potatoes are well coated. Add everything else and stir until everything is well incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.

Yummy burger and potato salad

No comments:

Post a Comment